Friday, May 21, 2010

Snack bag/pouch

A friend of mine had her mom make these and I love them... so I asked my mom to make me some too. They are awesome. For those out there that are environmentally conscience... they would save the planet by sending less plastic bags to the landfill. For those of us who are cheap you don't have to buy zip lock bags anymore to put a few snacks in for the road and then throw it away. I kinda like that they are a little big because we like to take fruit on the road. I also like them because lunch boxes are hard to carry, too big fall out of their laps and don't fit in a diaper bag. My mom made them a little big bigger then what I was expecting but they could be sized down. The fabric on the outside could be anything or just a plain color. They are plastic on the inside, and machine washable. The velcro is nice to so little fingers can open them easily....
What do you think?
Could we sell them?
10 bucks each?
Let me know your ideas.....

6 comments:

  1. I bet you could sell 'em for $10. People buy glad rags for that much, so yeah! :) I wonder if you could use magnets instead of velcro. If that'd hold up through a washing machine, and maybe even better than velcro through multiple washes? A thought. I'd say to try to sell them but don't make them until they're ordered. Try it on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really cute. Lori K has made some and so has Sara's sister. I think I would like more of the sandwich bag size - maybe $3-5?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'd buy!!! I bought some similar to that for my cloth diapers - they hold 3-4 diapers and velcro at the top, and have PLU inside. Totally worth every penny. I 'm all for the environment :)

    U should sell on Etsy. I'd buy from ya :) Then you could do Business to Blogger to market yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some stuff like that on Etsy for mom for mothers day. I'm going to make some for Anna for her new school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheryl,
    My mom is making them, would you like her to make two for you?
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  6. becky that sounds great!! I am sure her friends will love them!

    ReplyDelete